Logon Problem

Carlo99
New here

Logon Problem

Hi Guys

I am kind of screwed as I sit here. So I am an Organization Administrator for two different organizations. (2 separate companies have merged)

For those who are administrators on multiple organizations will know how the dashboard looks, where you can choose between the organizations on the top left corner.

So, on my original organization we do not require administrators to change their password after a period of time.

On the new organization they require administrators to change passwords after 30 days.

My problem is I am using the very same email address/username for both organizations. I do know what the password is for my original organization but cannot remember the password for the new organization. The password reset does not work as it changes the password for my original organization which I know the password of.

The problem is that I cannot do anything on either organization since it's stuck on asking me to change the password for my new organization. I am locked out of both organizations. 

Has anyone had the same problem as me before?

4 Replies 4
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Try in an incognito tab.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Have you given Meraki support a call?

I assume there isn’t another admin who can assist?

Once recovered set yourself up a backup admin account to avoid this scenario again.

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
FeliA
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hello @Carlo99,

This scenario will require a password reset. However, please note that password resets for MSP accounts will generally take some time to propagate and sync across the organizations.

If after 30 minutes to 1 hour you've noticed the password hasn't yet synced across the organizations, please feel free to reach out to Meraki Support by creating an email case (or calling in to support as Darren mentioned).

Best,
Feli

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

>My problem is I am using the very same email address/username for both organizations

The password is stored with your account globally, not per org.  The password you use to log into one org is the same for all orgs.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.