Licensing

Justin1104
Comes here often

Licensing

Hi, 

Just wondered if anybody out there can help on this as Meraki have a great way of not helping by sending links to documentation. 

Here goes 

I have a lot of hardware that i want to replace next year so purchased one year licenses for this hardware and 3 year for the hardware that does not need to be replaced. 

We where on Co-Term license but changed to PDL as better in regards to replacement. 

The new licenses will only show a Co-Term date even though we changed to PDL, Support have told me to create a whole new organization and add the licenses into there of which i transferred one of the devices and its licenses and it looked to work but then did another and it went back to one date for expiry. 

Not only is this a mammoth task creating the organization the fix did not work. 

If anybody has an easier option let me know as tried to escalate with Meraki and got ignored. 

Justin  

4 REPLIES 4
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @Justin1104,

The PDL maintain a single shared expiration date or various expiration dates across devices, networks, or organizations.

For customers who have multiple expiration dates across devices and want to have a shared expiration date, they can purchase one-day license SKUs for their products. If there are two different expiration dates, the license expiration date can only be "trued-up" to equal to or later than the further expiration date.

For example, if a customer has two devices, one with an expiration date of January 1, 2020, and another with an expiration date of January 31, 2020, the customer can purchase (30) one-day SKUs and apply it to the first device.

Customers cannot split license time and apply it across multiple devices. For example, if a customer has an additional one-year license and 12 devices, they can only apply it to a single device. They cannot break it apart and apply one month across 12 devices.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Hi, 

Thanks for the response 

This is what i purchased so hopefully does not fall under the last scenario, We under three orders 

First Order 

Quantity

Item

Description

LIC-MS120-24P-3YR

Meraki MS120-24P Enterprise License and Support, 3 Year

LIC-MX67-ENT-3YR

Meraki MX67 Enterprise License and Support, 3YR

LIC-ENT-3YR

Meraki MR Enterprise License, 3YR

Second order

LIC-MV-1YR

Meraki MV Enterprise License and Support, 1YR

Third Order 

LIC-Z1-ENT-1YR

Meraki Z1 Enterprise License and Support, 1YR

LIC-MX80-ENT-1YR

EOS Meraki MX80 Enterprise License and Support, 1YR

LIC-MX84-ENT-1YR

Meraki MX84 Enterprise License and Support, 1YR

LIC-MX65-ENT-1YR

EOS Meraki MX65 Enterprise License and Support, 1YR

LIC-MX65W-ENT-1YR

EOS Meraki MX65W Enterprise License and Support, 1YR

LIC-MX64-ENT-1YR

Meraki MX64 Enterprise License and Support, 1YR

Was hoping the the dashboard would reflect expiry dates as per above instead of just one date for all 

Justin 

I took a look on my dashboard, and It's look fine to me:

alemabrahao_0-1663076572982.png

Can you share your license expiration data?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Justin1104
Comes here often

Wish mine looked like that 

Screenshot 2022-09-13 144952.jpg

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.