License Problem - 30 day grace period HELP!

SOLVED
CharlesIsWorkin
Building a reputation

License Problem - 30 day grace period HELP!

I think I may be in trouble here.

My organization started out with 1 MX64, 1 MS-220, and 2 AP's back in June of 2016. I recently purchased additional refurbished hardware through a vendor along with licensing, and I also received an MX64 and an MR33 as promotional items for attending webinars.

Prior to receiving the licensing emails for my refurbished hardware, I added them to my Organization inventory. Then I received the License Problem message. During that same time, I added the promo MX64 and MR33 to my inventory.

Just recently, I received the licensing information for my refurbished hardware (an additional MS-220 and two AP's).

So, I have a total of two MX64's, two MS-220's, and five APs.

I should have the correct device count and corresponding licensing, but instead my "License Problem" page shows this.

meraki dashboard license problem2.JPG

Now here is the license history screenshot without the licenses included.

meraki dashboard license problem3.JPG

So what is my problem and how do I fix it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ah I see, It was because of one of the AP's was added as renewal. That sent my initial device count down to zero because it was waiting for corresponding licenses to renew the first batch of devices. I found out the hard way that Meraki does not support partial renewal of devices. You either have to remove the offending hardware or renew all devices at the same time. Meraki support has been very helpful and helped me understand my error! They fixed it up!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
MRCUR
Kind of a big deal

On the AP side, it looks like you started with 2x AP licenses (6/23/16) then did a renewal for just 1x AP (3/22/18). You've now added an additional 2x AP licenses (4/16/18) for a total of 3x. 

For the MS side, because you didn't renew the original license (6/23/16) it looks like your count went to zero until you did the additional license on 4/16/18. 

I think where you stand today is a need to get 2x additional AP licenses and 1x additional MS220-48FP licenses and add that as an "Add devices".  

MRCUR | CMNO #12
CharlesIsWorkin
Building a reputation

Why did the count go to zero? Was it because I added the hardware before adding the licenses?

Ah I see, It was because of one of the AP's was added as renewal. That sent my initial device count down to zero because it was waiting for corresponding licenses to renew the first batch of devices. I found out the hard way that Meraki does not support partial renewal of devices. You either have to remove the offending hardware or renew all devices at the same time. Meraki support has been very helpful and helped me understand my error! They fixed it up!

Glad to hear Support was able to assist. Just be careful on renewal vs add more devices in the future!

MRCUR | CMNO #12
CharlesIsWorkin
Building a reputation

For sure! Won't be making that mistake again!
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.