How to turn off firmware for device types ie switches, sensors, cameras that arent present on networ

RumorConsumer
Head in the Cloud

How to turn off firmware for device types ie switches, sensors, cameras that arent present on networ

Hey hey - I have one network/org that only shows me the firmware updates that are pertinent to the devices on that network while another one shows me everything ie switches, cameras etc even though I dont have any of those devices. Cant find the setting to deactivate them. Anybody know? 

Networking geek since high school where I got half of a CCNA. Played Marathon II and Infinity over localtalk.
Made many a network over the years, now de facto admin of a retreat center with some of this fine Meraki hardware.
Fortune 100 Tech veteran/refugee.
4 REPLIES 4
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Go to firmware upgrades > all networks. And find to what network its related to. Then split that network and remove the networks without devices

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Filtering as @ww mentions is the best option.

What you see is based on how the combined network was initially formed.  It's a pid to change, so stick with the filtering.

Theres only one network in this org. So when I do that I just see hardware types that dont correspond. Thats what im trying to remove. Maybe call support?

Networking geek since high school where I got half of a CCNA. Played Marathon II and Infinity over localtalk.
Made many a network over the years, now de facto admin of a retreat center with some of this fine Meraki hardware.
Fortune 100 Tech veteran/refugee.

You can't remove them from a combined network once they exist.

You have to create a new combined network with just the right kit, and then move everything across.

Well, maybe your idea has some merit.  You could try support.  I've never tried that.  They do have lots of magic available.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.