How to Restrict Accessibility or Guided Access in Meraki?

Tus
Conversationalist

How to Restrict Accessibility or Guided Access in Meraki?

I've got several iPads in classrooms and need a way to shut off/restrict Accessibility or Guided Access in Meraki. I can't see where I can apply a restriction or policy for it. I have students using it to apply a passcode to lock the device to one app. While I can remove the passcode using Meraki its a pain and it takes some time to complete. I'd rather not give my "clients" access to the option.

thanks

9 REPLIES 9
MikeMandalorian
A model citizen

Are these Ipads enrolled DEP ?

yes

This falls under a Profile  and creating Restrictions 

Those Ipads would need Tags and the Profile be assigned to the Following Tags 

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I could be wrong, but I don't think Apple allows MDMs to control the accessibilty options.

Passcode can be configured not to change  and accounts ,,  Screen time can prevent a few things also 

Our Ipads have a Passcode to unlock and then for Screentime a  Passcode only known by IT

You can also set a PassCode Policy Via Meraki MDM Profile settings 

When you say: "You can also set a PassCode Policy Via Meraki MDM Profile settings " would this apply to the Guided Access Passcode?

MikeMandalorian
A model citizen

Passcode.JPG

Sunny21DC
Here to help

After pulling my hair and searching everywhere , I solved it by disabling the guided access and enable it.

Sunny21DC
Here to help

I can tell you what worked for me, what i did was this worked on your iPhone, there are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially fix the issue. Here's a guide to help you:-

1. Ensure Guided Access is Enabled:-

-Go to Settings on your iPhone.
  -Scroll down and tap on "Accessibility."
  -Under the "General" section, find and tap on "Guided Access."
  -Make sure the switch at the top is turned on.
2. Set Passcode for Guided Access:-

-In the Guided Access settings, make sure you have set a passcode. If you haven't set one, Guided Access may not     work.

3. Reset Guided Access Settings:-

-If you have previously configured Guided Access settings, try resetting them:
  -Go to Settings > Accessibility > Guided Access.
  -Tap on "Passcode Settings."
  -Choose "Set Guided Access Passcode."
  -Enter your Apple ID password when prompted.
  -Set a new passcode or re-enter the existing one.
4. Check Accessibility Settings:-

-Make sure there are no conflicting settings in the Accessibility section that might interfere with Guided Access.             Check other settings like Display & Text Size, Motion, Touch, etc.
5. Toggle Guided Access Off and On:-

-Turn Guided Access off and then on again:

-Go to Settings > Accessibility > Guided Access, & Toggle the switch off and on.
6. Reboot Your iPhone/iPads:-

-Sometimes, a simple reboot can resolve issues. Restart your iPhone and check if Guided Access works afterward.

Follow for more details instruction below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqJigpKMIJM&ab_channel=TheGeekPage

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.