How create a new org and tivate the license in order to migrate devices from another organization?

Solved
noehdzmll
Conversationalist

How create a new org and tivate the license in order to migrate devices from another organization?

What are the requirement to migrate devices between organization, and am I able to do by myself? do I need to contact Meraki support or Sale representative

1 Accepted Solution

They will certainly assume the configurations that are applied to the new organization's network.

I don't know what your intention is in moving organizations, but if you want to keep the settings as they are you need to replicate everything in the new organization.

Hard work.
I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Inventory_and_Devices/Moving_Devices_between...

Yes, it is interesting to consult your sales representative.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Devices:

• Make sure you are a full admin of existing org
  • Create new org or make sure you are an admin of existing new org
  • Create new network(s) in new org
  • Remove devices from network(s) in old org, this can be done one at a time
  • Add devices to new org by serial number
  • Put devices into new network(s)

For the licensing:

• If either org uses the traditional co-termination model, contact support to move the licenses
  • If both orgs use per device licensing or subscription licensing then you can move the licenses yourself. * For and EA subscription, both orgs need to be on the same EA.
noehdzmll
Conversationalist

Thanks, for answers, I still have a concern about configuration settings 

Are the devices going to lose configuration settings when moving between organizations?

They will certainly assume the configurations that are applied to the new organization's network.

I don't know what your intention is in moving organizations, but if you want to keep the settings as they are you need to replicate everything in the new organization.

Hard work.

Thanks, that is what I thinking, replicate everything.

The real problem is an integration error, a mismatch region between the Meraki dashboard (Europe region) and Thousand eyes (US region), the corporate is located on the US and needs everything migrated to that region.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.