How can I change the map location under organization overview?

SOLVED
NStoddard
New here

How can I change the map location under organization overview?

I can successfully drag and drop the wireless AP locations, but when I select "overview" underneath "organization" it still says that the network is located in Palo Alto, CA. How can I change this? I cannot seem to find any information about it in the documentation.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Okay, after determining that the switch was the only device not appearing in the location, I found that if I went to the individual switch management page from the switch > switches in the navigation, I could select the switch in question, and then select "location" where I could drag and drop the location.

Thanks for the help!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HodyCrouch
Building a reputation

Have you tried clicking the "Home" icon at the top of the map you see from Organization > Overview?  When you hover over the home icon, you should see help text "Go to organization center"

The map should center on the location of all devices in your network and zoom to a level that allows all devices to be seen.

Thank you for that tip! I clicked on the home icon and now have a map of the entire US, haha.

Seriously though, three of the four devices (the security appliance and two WAPs) are in the right place but strangely the switch says that it is in Palo Alto, California. Is there anyway to force it to update the location of just that one device? I do not see any location settings under switch management, but I could be missing something, or looking in the entirely wrong place.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Okay, after determining that the switch was the only device not appearing in the location, I found that if I went to the individual switch management page from the switch > switches in the navigation, I could select the switch in question, and then select "location" where I could drag and drop the location.

Thanks for the help!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.