Firmware deployment strategy

Trooper666
New here

Firmware deployment strategy

Hi.

Is they any way to have firmware update deployment groups and\or schedules, or even device tags i.e Beta, Staging, Production groups for deployments?

Perhaps as a feature requests? From here, can a set weekend i.e. every third Saturday for the relevant group/tag of devices?

Cheers!

4 REPLIES 4
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Sadly, that doesn't work that way. But it would be really nice. I would wish for a "no automatic scheduling of updates in Q4 of every year".

LOL! I hear ya on that front....no significant change tickets also 😉

AutomationDude
Building a reputation

They do have some APIs for managing firmwares: https://developer.cisco.com/meraki/api-v1/#!update-network-firmware-upgrades

Sadly they seem to be acting at the network level so you probably wouldn't be able to stage exact devices but you might be able to stage the different networks and types of devices. Not sure if this helps but it might be possible to build something custom which might meet most of your use case

@AutomationDude wrote:

Sadly they seem to be acting at the network level so you probably wouldn't be able to stage exact devices but you might be able to stage the different networks and types of devices. 

This is the same as it is done in the dashboard.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.