Dealing with Large numbers of Organizations

DonL
Getting noticed

Dealing with Large numbers of Organizations

Hello, 

We have an environment that has nearly 4000 Organizations hosted under a single Dashboard and often experience timeout messages while bringing up the interface or using rest call to pull data.
Is there any logical way to break up / segregate these organizations into maybe North / South / East / West Regions or or break them up some way to be able to more quickly get to a subset of the Organization ?
Each organization is not *That* huge but it add's up...

Thanks, 
Don

5 REPLIES 5
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Unfortunately not, you would have to create new organizations and then move devices to it, not to mention having to reconfigure everything.

My suggestion is to open a support case.
I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
DonL
Getting noticed

What !   No Cut / Paste 😝

Is / was there something we could have done "Along the way" to split things up? 
Part of the problem ( maybe) is having All those *Customers*  / Organizations managed through one dashboard 😞 

thank you for the reply

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The only way I see is to use different logins for each set of customers. Add a new login for all North orgs and a different login to all south customers. It's an extra burden for switching between orgs, but at least it will work.

DonL
Getting noticed

That sounds like a very reasonable approach initially - I'd have to look into how *Easy* it is / would be to slice and dice the Organizations by User !

Thank you !
Don

GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

You must work for a service provider, of some kind (?)    I'd recommend engaging with your Meraki partner account team directly to discuss this - potentially to help drive development of the platform, taking such use cases into account.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.