Dealing with Large numbers of Organizations

DonL
Getting noticed

Dealing with Large numbers of Organizations

Hello, 

We have an environment that has nearly 4000 Organizations hosted under a single Dashboard and often experience timeout messages while bringing up the interface or using rest call to pull data.
Is there any logical way to break up / segregate these organizations into maybe North / South / East / West Regions or or break them up some way to be able to more quickly get to a subset of the Organization ?
Each organization is not *That* huge but it add's up...

Thanks, 
Don

5 Replies 5
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Unfortunately not, you would have to create new organizations and then move devices to it, not to mention having to reconfigure everything.

My suggestion is to open a support case.
I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
DonL
Getting noticed

What !   No Cut / Paste 😝

Is / was there something we could have done "Along the way" to split things up? 
Part of the problem ( maybe) is having All those *Customers*  / Organizations managed through one dashboard 😞 

thank you for the reply

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The only way I see is to use different logins for each set of customers. Add a new login for all North orgs and a different login to all south customers. It's an extra burden for switching between orgs, but at least it will work.

DonL
Getting noticed

That sounds like a very reasonable approach initially - I'd have to look into how *Easy* it is / would be to slice and dice the Organizations by User !

Thank you !
Don

GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

You must work for a service provider, of some kind (?)    I'd recommend engaging with your Meraki partner account team directly to discuss this - potentially to help drive development of the platform, taking such use cases into account.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.