Dashboard Info MX Security

Jose_Feliciano
New here

Dashboard Info MX Security

I am reviewing the detailed information of the clients in the portal of my Security Apliance and I have noticed that some data is not reflected correctly, that is, if my client uses an OS IOS Apple in the dashboard shows OS windows 8.

I have also noticed that using the APP the data is correct.

Any idea what's going on?

4 Replies 4
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If users plug their smart devices into their computer which then plugs into the network you can get distorted results, because the Meraki kit now sees traffic from both the smart device and the PC on the same port/connection.

Adam
Kind of a big deal

I've noticed this same issue for some of my devices, even when they do not have external peripherals attached.  If you need to categorize or organize devices you may need to opt for tagging (tags) or systems manager. 

I've heard the Security Appliance>Addressing & VLANs>Client tracking can also potentially impact how clients are identified

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
MRCUR
Kind of a big deal

@Adam wrote:

I've heard the Security Appliance>Addressing & VLANs>Client tracking can also potentially impact how clients are identified

If this is set to "Track clients by IP address", the results are not great. Lots of "Unknown" clients or incorrectly categorized clients. 

MRCUR | CMNO #12
MilesMeraki
Head in the Cloud

If it's being incorrectly categorized just use the little flag icon and categorize it correctly. 

Screen Shot 2018-02-21 at 11.26.43 AM.png

Eliot F | Simplifying IT with Cloud Solutions
Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.