Dashboard Client Display Issues - Catalyst Monitored Switch

Lurick
Getting noticed

Dashboard Client Display Issues - Catalyst Monitored Switch

i've got a Catalyst 9300 I'm testing with Monitored Mode on the Meraki Dashboard. I've got a couple non-Meraki APs connected and I see all the wireless clients on their respective ports but a vast majority of the wired devices never show up at all in the client list, which is odd to say the least. What's confusing me more though is when I drill down to the switch itself on the individual ports I see those missing clients listed under each port but clicking on them takes me to a "Client Not Found" page. I can see tons of traffic when running iperf between a couple wired clients on the individual port page itself but on the dashboards main page or the main switch page info page when starting to drill down it reflects nothing of the sort.

I'm not really sure what's going on with this or why but I haven't reached out to support just yet as I wanted to see if there was something I could do on my side to clear this up. Part of me is wondering if this is because previously I did have a couple Meraki APs with clients connected and something is cached elsewhere but that doesn't make much sense to me. Those same clients are now commected to the non-Meraki APs and they show up though so that's what has me thinking that could possibly be something.

4 Replies 4
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Lurick what active Cisco DNA license/subscription do you have on the C9300?  You need advantage for netflow data as an example: Cloud Monitoring Detailed Device Configurations - Cisco Meraki Documentation

Lurick
Getting noticed

I've got DNA Advantage on the switch, triple checked 🙂

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Try using a wider time frame.

PhilipDAth_0-1715203528772.png

Even expanding to a whole week shows no change in the clients list

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.