Clients view slow\failing to load in dashboard

CarlStanley
Conversationalist

Clients view slow\failing to load in dashboard

Hi all,

It seems as if the more APs we add and the more clients join our network, the slower the dashboard gets. (We have about 900 APs with 20k active clients) The problem is most noticeable in the clients view. What was just a minor annoyance a few years ago has turned in to a major problem. Searching for clients has become extremely difficult, even on the short timescale of 2 hours. It'll say "Loading..." for a minute or two and then usually time out with the message "We were unable to load the clients in this network. Try searching for a particular client." We frequently need to use the clients view, but it is basically unusable for us. 
I've had a couple cases open with support for this issue going back 2 years. I've been on the waiting list for engineering to look at this issue for months. 
I was wondering, has anyone else here has had a similar experience?  If so, how did you resolve it?

Thanks,

Carl

3 REPLIES 3
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

That is painfull!  I can't think of any solution apart from splitting the network in two.

Good idea, but splitting our network in two is not practical at this point. Is a 20k client network considered a large network in Meraki?  I thought there were a lot bigger out there. If truly this is a scaling issue and not a UI issue, we may have reached the limit of what Meraki can do for us. I'd love to hear if there are other people who have had this issue and what they did to resolve it.

JeffMelo
New here

This 100x over. The dashboard has become almost unusable. Loading clients takes 3-5 minutes IF it even works.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.