Clients page showing aggregated ports instead of switchports

Solved
RichD
Just browsing

Clients page showing aggregated ports instead of switchports

I noticed this start happening a few weeks ago.  Maybe others see it too?  On Client page I see some clients as connected to an aggregated port (AGGR/5 or 8 whatever), instead of the port number in the switch.  There are distribution switches and access switches with aggregated trunks between them. This is on multiple networks.  It seems random. I can't figure out what's causing it.

1 Accepted Solution
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

That can happen if you have a Meraki switch with a LACP connection to a non-Meraki switch.  The clients show up as being connected to the port channel.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

That can happen if you have a Meraki switch with a LACP connection to a non-Meraki switch.  The clients show up as being connected to the port channel.

Okay.  These networks do have some cisco switches on them, but I think one of the networks has only access port connections.  I'll have to look it over again to be sure.  Thanks.  

I also opened a case with support when I started this.  They said same thing regarding non-Meraki switch and offered to do a backend change which is supposed to help.  I'll have to reboot the downlink Meraki switches and see if it clears up.  Glad it's a recognized issue and not just me.  Thanks for the help!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.