Can i change the network type for a template?

Solved
seanwickesser
New here

Can i change the network type for a template?

I have a template containing 30 or so networks that I need to add more to.

Some of these that are "combined" networks and not "appliance" networks I am unable to see in the list while binding.

While discussing this with my coworkers we noticed that this is the only template we have that has a network type of appliance instead of combined. I would like to try changing this template to a combined network type, but I can not find any documentation as to how to do it.

Do I have to create a new template all together and migrate both the existing bound network and the new networks to it?

Is there someway of changing the templates network type that I am just not seeing?

All help is greatly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Well , create a template of with the desired parts and combine it with your appliance template. It is the same process 

Create a combined template. Split it , remove the appliance part and combine with your 'old' appliance template. voila.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10
RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It should be just like any network. 

RaphaelL_0-1697035676494.png

Click on it. Split , remove the non desired parts. Re-combine. Enjoy.

Edit : Not sure if there is any impact at all. You might want to test it before.

Sorry I think I was a little confusing, I am trying to change an appliance template to a combined template.

I see the split option greyed out when selecting it, but I think what you are talking about would work going the other way.

Well , create a template of with the desired parts and combine it with your appliance template. It is the same process 

Create a combined template. Split it , remove the appliance part and combine with your 'old' appliance template. voila.

I will give that a shot, thanks!

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yes, you can.

When ready to combine networks, navigate to Organization > Overview and in the right-hand map legend, press the arrow button to expand. Check the boxes next to the networks you would like to combine into one and click the combine button:

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Organizations_and_Networks/Combined_Dashboar...

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Here is the doc about templates.

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Templates_and_Config_Sync/Managing_Multiple_...

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

The template its self is what i am trying to combine, not the networks.
I can't select it in the overview menu.

I am reading the documentation you linked though thank you.

Simply access the template and bind to an additional network.

alemabrahao_0-1697036467225.png

Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

It sounds like the above posters got your question covered. But in case you need some visual aids or a walkthrough video I created this deck sometime ago https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1fFjA-HCNB7KE03bUgCGINoNqVMVSumlF4Tjo-bUH9aE/edit?usp=sharing

seanwickesser
New here

I have a plan together, thanks to all who replied!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.