Bulk Network Creator Source Configuration Templates

ThomasJoseph
New here

Bulk Network Creator Source Configuration Templates

When creating networks using the Bulk network creator, there are multiple versions of the templates I'm using. A switch, appliance, and wireless version of the same template. Can I add switches, appliances, and access points all at once or do they have to be added separately with the specific version of the template? What is the significance of each version of the template?

The help is much appreciated.

4 Replies 4
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Configuration templates can allow many Cisco Meraki devices to be deployed following a single base configuration. This makes it easier to roll out new sites/users and maintain consistency across each site's configuration. It is most useful in cases where a large number of sites exist that share a common network design. Such as a retail deployment with many stores, or a large number of home users with Z3s connecting to a corporate network over VPN.

Managing Multiple Networks with Configuration Templates - Cisco Meraki Documentation

Typically, new Dashboard networks are created so different deployments can have different configurations. However, there may be circumstances where it is ideal to deploy multiple networks with an identical or similar configuration. For example, an MSP may have a retail customer with a similar MX at each site. For these cases, the bulk network creation tool exists for quick and easy deployment of multiple networks at once, based on an existing network or template.

Using the Bulk Network Creation Tool - Cisco Meraki Documentation

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Note: The bulk network creation tool can create one type of network (MX, MR, etc.) per use, combined networks cannot be created using this tool. Once multiple network types have been created, they can then be combined.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

ThomasJoseph
New here

That's not actually what I'm trying to describe. In the screenshot below, the blacked out template names are all the same template, but there are three options for it. One followed by wireless, one by switch, and another for appliance. What are the differences between them? Can I add switches, appliances, and access points all at once? Would it matter which I selected? It seems to load like it would work. Haven't been able to find any information on this.

ThomasJoseph_1-1707328784285.png

As per the note, each device has a different template, for multiple types of network you must create each one individually.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.