cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brute force attempt detected.

SOLVED
Here to help

Brute force attempt detected.

I received a [Brute force attempt detected. Please wait 5 minutes and try again.] when attempting to claim products. What does this mean and why does it occur?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Here to help

Re: Brute force attempt detected.

Sorry for the late reply. It happened only once and it was just when I had broken up one Organization into two different organizations un-claiming some licenses from one organization and then re-claiming them again in the newly created organization. (Of course, it required Meraki to help transfer the licenses in the backend.)

 

I've closely watched the even logs for further/similar possible worrying events, but none were discovered so I'll mark this up as a one-time move of licenses from one organization to another glitch!

 

 

3 REPLIES 3
Kind of a big deal

Re: Brute force attempt detected.

I would call support and see what is going on, perhaps your Meraki dashboard login has been compromised. If you don't already I suggets you use 2FA. 

 

 

Meraki CMNO, Ruckus WISE, Sonicwall CSSA, Allied Telesis CASE & CAI
A model citizen

Re: Brute force attempt detected.

@wbenton, did you receive an error when trying to claim the products so you kept trying? I've had that happen to me before when attempting to claim products and my order number/serial number wouldn't work. Typically, I just work with my Meraki rep and this gets resolved.

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)
Here to help

Re: Brute force attempt detected.

Sorry for the late reply. It happened only once and it was just when I had broken up one Organization into two different organizations un-claiming some licenses from one organization and then re-claiming them again in the newly created organization. (Of course, it required Meraki to help transfer the licenses in the backend.)

 

I've closely watched the even logs for further/similar possible worrying events, but none were discovered so I'll mark this up as a one-time move of licenses from one organization to another glitch!

 

 

Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.