Blocking apps android devices

SOLVED
reimpsel
Conversationalist

Blocking apps android devices

Hello

I couldn't find a way to block applications on android devices that user can't install them at first place.

The only solution i found was the alert report if user install app which is blacklisted. 

best
reimpsel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MindOnMeraki
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi @reimpsel,

If you're looking to prevent users from installing applications on their own, you can do so from the "Restrictions" payload within a configuration profile. Under the "Cross Platform Restrictions" within that payload, you'll see an option under device functionality "Allow installing apps" which if unchecked, will prevent users from installing unwanted applications.

https://documentation.meraki.com/SM/Profiles_and_Settings/Configuration_Settings_Payloads#Restrictio...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MindOnMeraki
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi @reimpsel,

If you're looking to prevent users from installing applications on their own, you can do so from the "Restrictions" payload within a configuration profile. Under the "Cross Platform Restrictions" within that payload, you'll see an option under device functionality "Allow installing apps" which if unchecked, will prevent users from installing unwanted applications.

https://documentation.meraki.com/SM/Profiles_and_Settings/Configuration_Settings_Payloads#Restrictio...

Hello!

I tried it but it wont work. 

1) Did a change in restriction where diallowed installing application.

reimpsel_0-1615798130068.png

2) Then made a policy rule to allow only Skype application to install. 

reimpsel_1-1615798216104.png

3) In device detail i see infomration like that

reimpsel_2-1615798318296.png

And at then end. I still can easily install any other app like IG, FB messenger, FB, Snapchat etc. 

I just dont get it what am i missing. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.