All Networks All Devices Go Offline At Once

IT-ME
Here to help

All Networks All Devices Go Offline At Once

Tonight, 17th May I was alarmed to see all our networks go offline at the exact same time. The networks all have different locations within the UK. They have different ISP's and yet all were reporting offline.

While the dashboard was reporting theses offline, I was able to check our upstream routers and they didn't drop at all. I was also able to login to each site on a VPN with no issues.

What would have caused all our networks to go offline at exactly the same time? Is this something I should be concerned about? 

I value any comments and feedback.

Thank you in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I suggest you to open a support case.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Currently speaking with support. They are informing me there is no issue and they can't explain it? Would this be an issue with all different ISP's?

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@IT-ME it will probably be a dashboard issue, perhaps your shard (the nxxx number in the URL) was down for maintenance or had an issue.  As @alemabrahao said, support should be able to confirm if it was.

IT-ME
Here to help

Thanks for the reply. So having spoken to support, they were not aware of any issues. That being said, I opened a new ticket and another support agent came back to me and confirm it was maintenance. 

Is there an easy way of knowing this before hand?

Thanks.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You should get an email beforehand if you are an admin of the Network.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.