Aftermath of Binding new template to existing networks

Rahali
Conversationalist

Aftermath of Binding new template to existing networks

Hi guys ,

I'm still new to Meraki's world and I have a question regarding Org templates , so my client want to have a new template created and configured (mostly layer 3/7 ACL's and policies) and associate it to existing pre configured-operational  networks .

My question to you guys is if i bind this template with the existing networks what kind of changes will happened to those networks knowing that i want their VLAN's/SSID ect to stay the same only affect groupe policies , ACL's and similar options .

Hope my question is clear , Thanks in advance .

2 Replies 2
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Are you talking about MX specifically? If so, it will change practically everything, addressing the SVIs, port configurations, rules, etc.

My advice is to do a test first and also do it within a maintenance window.

https://documentation.meraki.com/Architectures_and_Best_Practices/Cisco_Meraki_Best_Practice_Design/...

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Templates_and_Config_Sync/Managing_Multiple_...

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Thanks for the reply, yes big part of it about the MX for example we need to apply layer 7 acls on all of the networks in the ORG , that's why i thought of the template but as you said if it's gonna change the config on existing networks and have 20 site down then it's not worth it .

Can you please recommend a solution for applying group policy/acls on all networks in the org beside the template option ?

Thanks

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.