Adding an Organization without Cloning.

CDOFMT
New here

Adding an Organization without Cloning.

Hello all.

I am working with Meraki devices for the first time after finding a new job and I'm learning to configure organizations, networks and devices.

When looking at the Global Overview I have the option to add an organization, but after filling out the name I am required to pick an organization to clone from as the button is greyed out otherwise and unusable.

My mentor who is guiding me as I learn to use Meraki would prefer that I do not clone organizations which have been worked on before so that I gain more experience working with the basics, and he recalls a time where you could make one without cloning.

How do I go about adding an Organization without cloning? Is it still possible?

CDOFMT_1-1694413933874.png

"View old version" also requires cloning when you try to add a new organization.

CDOFMT_0-1694414563533.png

Thank you in advance for the help.

5 Replies 5
antonis_sp
Building a reputation

Maybe some browser issue?

First option on the drop down list for me is Don't want to clone.

antonis_sp_0-1694417276226.png

I have this problem also, 
Tried it on Edge, Firefox, and Chrome and do not get the "Dont want to clone any organization" Option.

Are you a SAML admin?  If you are a SAML admin you can't create new organization without cloning because it wouldn't bring your SAML settings over.  This would effectively create an organization that you don't have access to.

This is correct, I was a SAML account. I ended up creating an additional login that was not SAML and got it no bother. 
Thank you @JesseN 

Arthamon
Here to help

I'd agree with what @JesseN mentioned. If you have a non-SAML admin try creating a new Organization that way. You will just need to reconfigure SAML.

I know you mentioned your mentor wanted you to go through the steps, but after you learn to configure SAML it is recommended to create an Org template to speed up deployment of new Orgs.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.