API Integration with ConnectWise Manage

Vincent61
Comes here often

API Integration with ConnectWise Manage

Hi, are there plans to integrate Meraki reporting with ConnectWise Manage?

ConnectWise Manage is a PSA tool (used for ticketing, customer, and configuration management).

I would like to have organization mapped to company in connectwise and ability to select ticket type and subtype.

The Alerts we currently receive cause a lot of unnecessary busy work.

9 Replies 9
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I have only seen custom integrations to do this.

You could look at using WebHooks to create ConnectWise tickets with Zaper (never tried it myself).

https://zapier.com/apps/connectwise-manage/integrations/webhook 

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Other_Topics/Webhooks

Google just found this option that looks pretty good to:
https://www.workload.co/api/webhook/integrations/connectwise-manage/

The more I think about it - Webhooks are really the only way to go, as you get the Organisation when doing this.

Did you know under Organisation/Settings you can also enter an "MSP ID" to help link it into other systems?

PhilipDAth_0-1693429400451.png

You could use the "Account ID" in ConnectWise (under Company Finance/Summary) to help link events to customers.

PhilipDAth_1-1693429452168.png

and does Meraki have an integration with webhooks?

thomasstevens
Comes here often

Here's how you can proceed:

1. Meraki: Contact Meraki's support or sales team through their official website or customer support portal. They can provide information on any existing or planned integrations with ConnectWise Manage and address any concerns or feature requests related to Meraki reporting.

2. ConnectWise: Reach out to ConnectWise's support or sales team as well. They can provide insights into the capabilities of ConnectWise Manage and any available integrations or customization options to streamline your workflow and reduce unnecessary busy work.

Additionally, you may want to explore third-party integration platforms like Zapier or Integromat. These platforms often allow you to connect various applications and automate workflows between them, which might help you achieve some of the desired b2b api integration and data mappings between Meraki and ConnectWise Manage.

That was the first thing i did....talking with cisco is like talking into a black hole.  you speak to someone but it goes nowhere.

With ConnectWise they told me cisco has to initiate.

ScottChester
Here to help

We parse the email alerts so it attaches them to the correct company.

Alert for{company} -{sitename} -{problem}

All of our networks are named with ClientShortName - Site so it looks a little messy in Meraki as you have the client Organization and then listed again on the site, but it works for ticketing.

Also:

Scheduled maintenance for network "{company} - {sitename}"

Scheduled maintenance for * networks in organization "{company}"

I see you can do that in ConnectWise?  I will definitely look in to this

SShuster
Conversationalist

PagerDuty is what we use and its fantastic. The alarm comes in through webhooks. The process is very simple and the alerts are received very fast. 

Now getting it into ConnectWise is a different story. You will need to create another user in PagerDuty and have that user be added to an escalation rule, we need an email address that ConnectWise will use solely for this integration. This is mainly because ConnectWise does not play well with others. 

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Help does it get from PagerDuty into ConnectWise?  Email?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.