AP is not showing Ethernet 1 LLDP Port

Solved
BeepBop
Here to help

AP is not showing Ethernet 1 LLDP Port

Some of AP in my organizations are not showing port number in Ethernet 1 LLDP column of Meraki Dashboard. We have total of 9 sites with similar AP and switches. They all have same firmware. I've been experiencing this issue on multiple sites. For example on of the the site 20 AP's are not showing port number in the dashboard. Any suggestion how to resolve it. So far I restarted the AP but no luck. Thanks

AP: MR42

Firmware: MR 30.5

Switch:    C9200L-24PXG-4X

Firmware:  IOS XE 17.6.6a

In Ethernet 1 LLDP column port and switch name is missing.In Ethernet 1 LLDP column port and switch name is missing.

1 Accepted Solution
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

CDP can also be used instead of LLDP.  Have you got CDP enabled on the 9200?

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I suggest you open a support case.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Can you capture on the interface to see if the AP is sending the LLDP packets ?

I did the capture on the AP through meraki packet capture and don't see any LLDP packets in wireshark. I ran the capture on 2 AP's one that's showing the port in dashboard and one that's not showing the port in dashboard, both of them are not showing any LLDP in wireshark. The thing I don't understand all the AP's and switches are identical but why some are showing ports and some are not showing port number. 

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Does the 9200 switch have LLDP enabled?

Amit_pal
Getting noticed

By Default lldp is disabled at interface level, you will have to enable it if not

BeepBop
Here to help

LLDP is disabled on all switches. I am just curious why some AP's are showing port number in Ethernet 1 LLDP and some are not. All the switches across the organization has same configurations.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

CDP can also be used instead of LLDP.  Have you got CDP enabled on the 9200?

CDP is not enabled on the switches I am working on enabling LDP on all switches. 

BeepBop
Here to help

Turned on the LLDP on all switches now I can see the port number in Meraki Dashboard.

Thank You,

CarlT
Here to help

Hi, we have also come across the same issue, using MR42s into 9200L switches, we have only ever used CDP, it shows on some and not on some others which is strange, as soon as we enable LLDP it springs into life.

We never used to have this issue using CDP, the switches have not changed, so I assume maybe something in the Meraki back end?

What would be the fix for this ? we do not want to enable LLDP everywhere.

Hello, in our environment we only use LLDP. After turning on LLDP on all switches Meraki was showing port numbers in the dashboard. For some AP's I had to shut/no shut the ports multiple times for Meraki to populate Ethernet LLDP column. 

What I noticed with LLDP I had to shut the port and wait 5-10 seconds and no shut the port. Maybe this trick will work with CDP too. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.