802.11 disassociation: Client association expired - Client was disassociated due to inactivity.

Victor1
Comes here often

802.11 disassociation: Client association expired - Client was disassociated due to inactivity.

Hello all,

"802.11 disassociation: Client association expired - Client was disassociated due to inactivity. If a client is not heard from for 5 minutes, then the client will be disassociated"

Question: is it possible to set the idle time before client gets disassociated to more than 5 minutes?

Thank you,

7 Replies 7
NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

Are you using splash page?

Otherwise I'm not aware of anything that can be done (unless maybe contacting support and they have access to some hidden menu) to tweak within the dashboard.
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn

Hello Nolan,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, splash page is being used.

Can you show a screenshot of how you have your splash page configured? Would like to see how you have it setup 😃
TwitterLinkedIn

• There is a splash URL.
  • No splash logo.
  • User should go after the splash page: The URL they are trying to fetch
  • Splash frequency is every day

This are the setting for the SSID.

However the issue is related to clients being disassociated due to inactivity.

Ah ok

If client is going to sleep/idle, not much you can do about that on your side. At least not with the Meraki dashboard to my knowledge.
TwitterLinkedIn

Thanks for your interest Nolan. It seems for now it is not possible to customize the time before disassociating a client. It is very annoying, specially for IOS devices.I believe my only option is the "make a wish button"

It's possible there is a setting adjustment for that, which is hidden. Most other wireless Vendors offer an idle and session timer configuration within their controllers. I would contact support just to double check because maybe I'm wrong and they can toggle on the option for you if you ask etc., or adjust it themselves for you.
TwitterLinkedIn
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.