429 Too Many Requests when trying to log into the dashboard

Solved
Luke
Here to help

429 Too Many Requests when trying to log into the dashboard

Has anyone seen the problem when trying to log into the dashboard a page with the below?

429 Too Many Requests

nginx

I have looked through the community some and the only thing I found related to this was around API's. I am just trying to log into our dashboard page and get this. It just started this morning and it seems to be more than one user also. 

1 Accepted Solution
Luke
Here to help

It was weird. I am going to close my case with Meraki but it seems like rebooting resolved it. The strangest part was it was happening to multiple users on different computers. Only had issues with this one website.  Working with support we tried different browser, incognito mode, etc. nothing made a difference.  Strange one...

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
KH
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hey @Luke 

Could you share a screenshot of your screen with the error? It's probably best to call into support as well to look into this further for you, as this sounds like something might be wrong on the backend.

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it
Luke
Here to help

MerakiError.png

Luke
Here to help

Can't call in because it wants my meraki customer number from the dashboard...

Luke
Here to help

I was finally able to get through to someone and get a case going. Hopefully they can figure this out.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I can't seak to this specific case - but one of the causes of this is when too many requests come from a single IP address for the Dashboard.  Usually waiting 1 minute is enough for it to clear (as long as whatever else is hitting the dashboard has also stopped).

Luke
Here to help

It was weird. I am going to close my case with Meraki but it seems like rebooting resolved it. The strangest part was it was happening to multiple users on different computers. Only had issues with this one website.  Working with support we tried different browser, incognito mode, etc. nothing made a difference.  Strange one...

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.