1 MX120-48 missing from Client Company Dashboard

ChillGPM
New here

1 MX120-48 missing from Client Company Dashboard

Hello,

We have a large client who has over 1700 mx120 switches bound to their organization. The clients are able to see all the switches but 1 specific switch. We have removed and completely re-added the switch to their organization many times...but its still not showing up for them when they search by name, MAC or serial. The switch is reachable from our side and shows up on our organizations network switch list...but not there's. Any idea why 1 out of 1775 switches wouldn't show on a customer's organization dashboard? 

4 Replies 4
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Can you give more detail on what you mean about the switch showing on your side but not theirs? A device can only live in one org/dashboard.

Ryan

If you found this post helpful, please give it Kudos. If my answer solves your problem please click Accept as Solution so others can benefit from it.
ChillGPM
New here

From what I've gathered from those who currently manage it, the overall organization has many business clients. I may have misspoke about the terminology of using "organizations" as what separated their view from ours. Each client is then assigned a business profile. In that profile they add users. Those users can only see what switches have been added to their specific profile. So when, lets say, I log into the company dashboard for ClientComapny1 LLC, I only see ClientCompany1 LLC's switches, although they are just a subset of a larger BIGBROTHERcompany1, INC.'s organization.

So, we are adding the access and visibility to a specific switch....and its showing it as active in a specific profile for a client, but they aren't able to view or see that switch in their inventory.

If the serial number isn't showing for org admins on the inventory page then it sounds like it's not claimed into the correct org. Hard to say without seeing it myself. If you want to PM the serial number of the switch I could give more guidance. Or, engage Meraki Support.

Ryan

If you found this post helpful, please give it Kudos. If my answer solves your problem please click Accept as Solution so others can benefit from it.
ChillGPM
New here

The switches are tagged with a specific company name.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.