What's my Community Display Name? User ID? Username?

CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

What's my Community Display Name? User ID? Username?

We're glad you asked! It's certainly a bit confusing.

When you sign up with Cisco.com, you're asked to create a User ID, which you can then use to sign in (or you can use your email address). On the Cisco.com registration form, this is referred to as a User ID, and on the login form, it's referred to as a Username.

Your Community Display Name is the name that others will see for you in the Meraki Community. You set it up the first time you enter the community. It can have upper & lowercase letters, underscores, dashes, and numbers.  You could choose to have it the same as your User ID / Username, or it can be different. 

If you want to change your community display name, you can email us at community-help@meraki.net

Why is there a community display name at all?

The name you use on the community is pretty visible, so we wanted to make sure you had a chance to choose it knowing it will be public. This is particularly important for Cisco / Meraki employees, who don't get to choose their User IDs. Some of the IDs arem are pretty unfriendly / not reflective of how the employee wants to be known publicly. I definitely prefer "CarolineS" vs "csekar" as my identity here in the community!

Caroline S | Community Manager, Cisco Meraki
New to the community? Get started here
3 REPLIES 3
SamuelS
Conversationalist

Can you please change my display name to SamuelS?

CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Email us at community-help@meraki.net and we can help you, @SamuelS.

Caroline S | Community Manager, Cisco Meraki
New to the community? Get started here

Does SamuelS win the prize for the 1st person not to read the supplied text properly!

Razamattaz

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels