[CONTEST ENDED] This contest is ON POINT.

MeredithW
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

points-contest_email.png

UPDATE: As of April 30th 9:59 AM PDT, this contest has ended. Stay tuned for the announcement of all 80+ winners!

Today marks the beginning of our biggest swag contest ever! We’re running a MONTH long challenge with over 80 chances to win some fresh Cisco Meraki swag.

How it works

As of today, certain actions you take in the community will earn you points. Those points will enter you to win a smattering of rad prizes. You needn’t opt in — simply taking one of these point-earning actions will do:

• Reply to any topic or blog post — 5 points
  • Start a topic (e.g. ask a question, pose a discussion point) — 5 points

To optimize the bang for your buck, writing high-quality posts can earn you even more points:

• Receive a kudo — 7 points
  • Write an answer that gets marked as a solution — 10 points

As you can see, the more helpful your action to the community, the more points you receive!

There are 3 tiers that you can reach based on the number of points you amass. Within each tier, at the end of the month, we’ll use a complex algorithm for selecting winners (a hat) to receive swag as outlined below:

• Tier 1 requires 30 points and will have 50 randomly selected winners who’ll receive a custom, limited-edition “I Speak Meraki” Pin

"I Speak Meraki" pin"I Speak Meraki" pin
  • Tier 2 requires 100 points and will have 25 randomly selected winners who’ll receive a pin and a Meraki thermal bottle

"I Speak Meraki" pin"I Speak Meraki" pin Meraki thermal bottleMeraki thermal bottle

• Tier 3 requires 200 points and will have 10 randomly selected winners who’ll receive a pin, bottle, and a Meraki drawstring backpack

Meraki drawstring backpackMeraki drawstring backpack       "I Speak Meraki" pin"I Speak Meraki" pin       Meraki thermal water bottleMeraki thermal water bottle

If free swag wasn’t enough, everyone who earns enough points to achieve any tier will be entered to win the GRAND PRIZE of a brand new MV12 WE (with 5-year license)! Reaching Tier 1 gets you 1 entry, Tier 2 doubles your entries and… (guess what!?) Tier 3 triples your entries to win!

That means that, over the course of this month, you could write just 6 replies or author just 3 solutions anywhere in the community and be entered to win one of these:Screen Shot 2019-03-25 at 4.36.31 PM.png

How will I know how I’m doing?

To keep you all up to date on your progress, every Friday I’ll post a list of everyone who has reached Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier 3.

When are the winners chosen?

On April 30th at 10 am PDT, the contest will end. We’ll then randomly select winners for each tier (50 for Tier 1, 25 for Tier 2, and 10 for Tier 3) and we’ll also draw the lucky winner of the GRAND PRIZE.

We’ll announce each of the winners here, so be sure to stay tuned!

More details:

• Promotion period: Tuesday, April 2nd, 2019 at 10am PDT through Tuesday, April 30th, 2019 at 9:59am PDT
  • Up to three possible entries per community member: Each time you progress a tier, your entry remains in the tier below as well (meaning more chances to win stuff!). If you are randomly selected to win in two or three separate tiers, you’ll receive only the prize from the highest level tier. If you are selected to receive the Grand Prize, this will be in addition to any tier-level prizes
  • Shipping limitations: We can only ship prizes to residents of these Eligible Countries
  • Complete rules and eligibility can be found here
207 Comments