Add a domain in VPN exclusion but it is intermittent

AlanD
Just browsing

Add a domain in VPN exclusion but it is intermittent

I have a SIG configured in Brazil connected to my local network and when I enable the latamairlines.com URL it works sometimes and other times it remains blocked. This has also been happening to me with other URLs

3 Replies 3
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What is the MX utilisation, what model, what firmware and how many users?

FeliA
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hello @AlanD,

These great follow up questions posed by @cmr will certainly be helpful in scoping this issue.

However, since you are noticing this issue with other URLs and a review of your network's specific configurations will help to resolve the issue in a quicker manner, I highly recommend opening a support case directly with Meraki Support. A support engineer will be able to take a look at your dashboard network configurations, assist with packet captures if required,  and check any errors on the backend.

Additionally, if you are Configuring VPN Exclusion Rules by DNS Hostname, the MX will need to see a DNS query match for the hostname (i.e. latamairlines.com) over UDP port 53 each time after expiry for the exclusion to work.

To open a support case via the dashboard, please navigate to (?) > Get Help & Cases > Pick a Tile to Contact Support > Submit a case or by following the steps provided in the Contact Cisco Meraki Support document here.

Best,
Feli

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If this answer helped solve the issue, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.
AlanD
Just browsing

Thank you Feli, It gave me a better idea of ​​what could have been happening.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.