Monitoring Meraki Network Via Centralized Visual Dashboard

Air-Marshal
Comes here often

Monitoring Meraki Network Via Centralized Visual Dashboard

Hi Team,

Would like to inform you that we have built the Meraki auto VPN setup for connecting remote/spoke sites (the spoke sites count will be up to 1K) and for monitoring network & VPN connectivity we want to use single screen window, from where we can monitor all our HUB's and Spoke sites, currently our team have to login on dashboard and for getting new update we have to do manual refresh, as well as we have to go each network (HUB or Spoke) for checking the connectivity, alert and issue, that would not be the appropriate work to do, we need centralized visual dashboard from where we can monitor our whole network status without manual refresh, it should be auto refresh capability, Please help or let us know if there is any feature available in Meraki dashboard that can fulfill our requirement, (please don't suggest the external portal or tool), we know we can use SolarWinds portal for this but that is not our requirement, Please help, thanks.

7 Replies 7
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal
RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Oh I can't view that : 

RaphaelL_0-1702515239587.png

bummer. 

AirMarshal_0-1702529068968.png

Getting this page.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I would go with the solution suggested by @PhilipDAth 

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Hi Alemabrahao,

Please share the solution direct link so that I can go through it, thanks.

@RaphaelL / @Air-Marshal the post Philip linked to is in a forum that can only be accessed by Cisco partners. I'll assume that since Philip linked to it here he's fine with having it available publicly (but @PhilipDAth please let me know if this isn't the case!). Copying it below (all credit to PhilipDAth of course):

While stuck in traffic driving to the Cisco partner appreciation event this afternoon I suddenly hit me how to make the MSP dashboard dynamic.

Basically create an html file on your machine using notepad based with the content below.  You could call it "monitoring.html" for example.  Now go to the current static MSP dashboard.  Getting it looking how you like (filters, etc) and then copy the URL into the url variable below.  Save the file.

Then simply double click it.  You'll probably get a warning about it trying to open up a pop-up window.  Tell your browser to allow this permanently.

It works by opening up the Meraki dashboard to the URL you have given.  Then every 60s it closes that window and opens it again.  I know, a bit of a hack but it works.  But at least it means we can have a "heads up" display and dynamically see customers with devices that have an issue.

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
<head>
</head>
<body>
<script type="text/javascript">
  var url="https://n85.meraki.com/xxx/msp_portal#t=network&q=(status%253A%2522alerting%2522%2520OR%2520status%2...)";
  var merakiWindow=window.open(url);
  setInterval(function() { merakiWindow.close();merakiWindow=window.open(url); }, 60000);
</script>
</body>
</html>

Caroline S | Community Manager, Cisco Meraki
New to the community? Get started here
Air-Marshal
Comes here often

Still waiting for the solution, please help.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.