how to exit safe mode MG21E cellular gateway

Nick_Todd
Here to help

how to exit safe mode MG21E cellular gateway

This is probably a silly question, but I can't find any instructions on how to get out of safe mode once it is enabled. I don't want to do a factory reset. Can anyone tell me how I exit safe mode on this device?

During set up it wasnt connecting to the ISP via the data sim. i am in the process of getting the correct APN details from the ISP. I logged into the local admin portal of the device. It wasnt connecting to the Meraki portal as the cellular connection wasnt working. I put it in safe mode and it has connected to the cloud ok now. But I can't login to the local admin portal now. I have tried the default username of the serial and blank password that i used first of all, but it just refreshes the login box. no error or any message. I am hoping to get the instructions on how to exit safe mode first of all, then i will try and see why i can't login any more with the default serial number as user.

2 Replies 2
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

+1 to @Ryan_Miles .  It will now be using "admin" and whatever password you have configured for access to the local status page.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.