Need a confirmation about Dual SIMs backup in MG51/MG51E

Solved
Andy858
Conversationalist

Need a confirmation about Dual SIMs backup in MG51/MG51E

Hi ALL,

I just want to confirm how the Dual SIMs in MG51/51E work..

Assumed i have the Broadband connected to WAN1 ( MX ) and WAN2 ( MG51/51E ) connected to port 2 of the MX..

The MG51/51E have dual SIMs... I configured SIM1_VZ is Primary LTE backup and SIM2_ATT is a Secondary LTE backup.

Question i want to confirm here is... The Secondary SIM2_ATT only become Active and pass traffic when Both WAN1 BB circuit in MX  and Primary SIM1_VZ in MG51/51E are completely DOWN. Is that correct ? Thanks

1 Accepted Solution
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

The standby SIM would become active if the primary SIM fails. The MG has no visibility into the MX to know its WAN status.

So yes, your summary is accurate. 

Ryan

If you found this post helpful, please give it Kudos. If my answer solves your problem please click Accept as Solution so others can benefit from it.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

The standby SIM would become active if the primary SIM fails. The MG has no visibility into the MX to know its WAN status.

So yes, your summary is accurate. 

Ryan

If you found this post helpful, please give it Kudos. If my answer solves your problem please click Accept as Solution so others can benefit from it.
Andy858
Conversationalist

Thanks Ryan

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.