MG52 FirstNet compatibility test

jbright
A model citizen

MG52 FirstNet compatibility test

I had a customer ask me yesterday if the new MG52 is compatible with the AT&T FirstNet Public Safety network. This gave me the perfect opportunity to test out the MG52 that I got at Cisco Live earlier this month. I popped in the customer's activated FirstNet Sim card and the gateway quickly connected to the cellular network. I entered in their private APN that isolates their network traffic from other customers networks on FirstNet and that worked too.  So even though the MG52 is not FirstNet certified, which Cisco is working on, it still works just fine. Here's a couple of pictures of the MG52. This is one of the first ones made and I do not know if the additional MG52 and MG52E will also be green or white in color. I ordered an MG52E yesterday and will report back on what color it is when it arrives next week.

MG52 Front.jpgMG52 Back.jpg

3 Replies 3
RaulR
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi @jbright Thanks for the post and your insights. 

In this situation the reason it likely works is because the SIM was not new and hence was already activated.  To that point the teams are working on FirstNet approval as you mentioned, so that will come in time.  As for the color of your MG, these were a special batch for Cisco Live purposes and can confirm normal production units will be the normal color like the MG51.

rhbirkelund
Kind of a big deal

I'd like to put in a formal request, that normal production units should be Meraki green, thank you.

LinkedIn ::: https://blog.rhbirkelund.dk/

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.

Haha.  That will not go down well in many corporate environments who want their APs to blend in.  🙂

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.