MG21 keeps going up and down

Rudy_CD
Here to help

MG21 keeps going up and down

For a few weeks we received a case of an MG21 that keeps going up and down. It may go up for 3 hours and all of a sudden it goes down for many hours, that happens againg and againg, so yesterday i changed the MG21 for a another one for this ATM, we kept the same SIM card and after that the device went up for atleast 3 hours and now its down. Im not really sure if it something related to the SIM card with cases like that, cause with the device i took im keep trying the same process with this MG21, bit it doesn't go up even though it's the same process, not sure if it's something related with the SIM card or the device itself and we need to RMA them.

3 Replies 3
javalins
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

This could be a carrier specific problem in the region, ie. a congested tower or heightened noise when a transport truck pulls infront etc.. lots of environmental factors and carrier factors to weigh in here.  Best bet would be to open a case and have support look into dmlogs to determine the modem behavior. 

Well the thing here its that the ATM its inside of a building, so the MG21 its on top of it near a big window. We already opened a case with Meraki and the technician helped us a lot with the MG21, but now its down again. Doing some test here in my office seems like its a problem with the Sim Card, personally i don't know how to be exactly sure of that. But, i did try with the same sim card company "Claro" which didn't give me any type of internet with this MG21 i took, however, i tried with my own sim card phone "Movistar" and it turned out great, so i think that it's a thing with the sim card.

Rudy_CD
Here to help

Well, today we installed a new sim card with the old device that i personally tested for a long period of time and it went up. The device want up quickly, however, after 20m it went down till this moment, i know the device its operative and the sim card its brand new, at this point i have no idea why it keeps going down after going up

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.