BGP route summarization

RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

BGP route summarization

Hi ,

I wasn't aware of any settings / backend option to enable BGP route summary until I saw this : 

MX 18.207: 

Known issues

• Due to an MX 18.2 regression, MX appliances summarize AutoVPN routes advertised through BGP without being configured to do so.

Is it new ? I'm running 18.107.6 on my Hubs and there is no summarization at all.

6 Replies 6
jbright
A model citizen

18.2 refers to 18.205 and later firmware, so you would have to upgrade your MX to get those features.

As of today, 18.207 is now a stable release candidate.

RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yes I know that.

Still route summarization is not listed anywhere and I haven't heard of it until the changelogs of 18.207.

jbright
A model citizen

Sorry @RaphaelL , I wasn't trying to talk down to you.

The most current Meraki documentation I could find on the MX BGP configuration is here:

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Networks_and_Routing/Border_Gateway_Protocol_(BGP)

I have an HA pair of MX450 testing 18.207, but they are running in routed NAT mode and I can't turn on BGP for them at this time.

RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

No no no jbright , I didn't feel that way at all ! You are good 🙂 

I will try to reach the support next week and give an update here !

RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

eBGP route summarization is not ready (yet). it looks to be in the roadmap of maybe MX18 or 19++. More to come this year ! I hope 

How would i find out if this is avaialble in Beta or Production code.. The lack of Summarization is a deal breaker to me at the moment.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.