Firmware Upgrade Auto Scheduler

Solved
meraki-newbie
Here to help

Firmware Upgrade Auto Scheduler

Hello everyone, we get an suggestion to do firmware upgrade of our MR Appliances on May 23, 2024. as an popped up notification below :

meraki upgrade notif.png

and then we try to reschedule it to May 20, 2024 as shown below :

scheduler meraki.png

there are several question due to after reschedule the upgrade date, the blue popped up "Upcoming Scheduled Maintenance" still showing the scheduled upgrade will be on May 23, 2024 rather than on on May 20, 2024, even when we try to close the popped up blue notification.

So this made us confusing, when the valid/exact date this upgrade will perform ? should it on May 20, 2024 because we have already reschedule it ?

glad to hear from you all

thanks

1 Accepted Solution
VictorYang
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

The notification is not that up to date so it might still report the old date.

The date on the firmware upgrade page would be the correct date

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

As indicated by your red circle, simply click the cross to get rid of that blue notification.

Your screen shot shows that it has been correctly re-scheduled.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I really recommend you read the documentation.

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Firmware_Upgrades/Managing_Firmware_Upgrades

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
VictorYang
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

The notification is not that up to date so it might still report the old date.

The date on the firmware upgrade page would be the correct date

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.

thank you victor for your response.. just another suggestion, after re-schedule performed, the newly date of firmware upgrade date could popped up and renew/refresh the old one. Due to the popped up notification could be seen once we access the dashboard and potentially be a misleading information.. cheers 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.