We noticed that changing the authentication method to Username & Password would reset the adapter settings and vice versa. Changing the adapter settings first, reset the authentication method to General as well. So round and round in a circle we went. After much frustration from our users, we gave up on Microsoft issuing a fix, so we tested & deployed the previously suggested DrayTek Smart VPN Client. It's working flawlessly and our users have reported they are able to connect/disconnect and work remotely without any issues now. I recently tested it from abroad while on vacation and it worked really well. Just sharing our experience and a possible workaround.
... View more