Xfinity X1 Cable Modem Issue

Cowboy
New here

Xfinity X1 Cable Modem Issue

I have been using my own cable modem but recently upgraded to 1Gb service so had to use an Xfinity X1 modem. I have a Meraki MX64 with full WLAN plus I also have an Aruba WLAN in my lab setup. When setting everything up I saw that when connected to the Xfinity wireless SSID I was getting 3-times the speed over my Meraki SSIDs or the Aruba SSIDs. Originally, I planned to disable the Xfinity wireless until I saw the numbers. 

The Xfinity is using 10.0.0.x addresses and my network is setup on192.168.128.x. When connected to the Xfinity SSID I cannot reach my printers, Bose and Sonos speakers. All other SSIDs work fine. I thought it would be simple solution by adding a static route of 10.0.0.0/24 to 192.168.128.1 (MX) but that didn't work. When on any Meraki or Aruba SSID, I can ping both the 192.x and 10.x network devices. When on the Xfinity SSID I can only ping devices on the 10.x network. My PCs are setup for DHCP but all other devices are static and I don't really want to re-IP all of them. 

I think this is just a simple networking problem but everything I have done so far hasn't worked. Here is what I have in my lab:

1-MX64, MS-220 switches, 1-Aruba 6100 switch, various MR access points, 4-Aruba controllers and various Aruba APs. Laptops are both new Lenovo T series. 

If anyone has any thoughts on this I would appreciate the help.

1 Reply 1
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The MX64 can only pass 250Mbps of traffic (plus a little bursting) so you have hit that limit.  You'll need an MX75 to get 1Gbps

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels