WE need your help ! Help us fix a bug !

RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

WE need your help ! Help us fix a bug !

Hi everyone ,

WE need your help to solve a pesty bug. The bug was introduced in every wireless version higher than MR29.X. The symptoms are simple : Users get disconnected after roaming or re-auth on a WPA2-Enterprise SSID. The dashboard will log : EAPoL invalid MIC

Criteria to reproduce the issue : 

1- APs that support and run MR29.X++ code

2- WPA2-Enterprise SSID ( 802.1x )

3- 802.11r must be enabled

4- Intel wireless cards ( AX200,AX201 seems to be one of the devices affected )

I have made a "detailed" post about the issue : https://community.meraki.com/t5/Wireless-LAN/Wireless-Invalid-MIC-EAPoL-4-way-handshake-is-failling/...

Which was also referenced on a Intel forum : https://community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/AX200-802-11r-windows-10-PMK-Caching/m-p/1293980

Microsoft already has a fix for that issue but they are going to release it in April 2024 with 24H1.

To make more pressure on Microsoft we need people to open Microsoft cases and link it to our main ticket : 2306080040008631

If you have the same issues as we are experiencing please provide your ticket number. 

Thanks to everyone that will try to help us ( and help everyone that is silently experiencing that issue )

4 Replies 4
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Which method are you using for opening a case with Microsoft?

I think this might be related to my reliability issues with WPA3.

RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Good question not too familiar with WPA3 ! And it was our team that manages our relation with Microsoft that opened it. We have a platine (?) support with Microsoft , so I'm unsure how exactly people are opening cases. I will check and edit my post tomorrow after checking with them !

TF_Microsoft
New here

Microsoft is targeting this fix for 
Win11 22H2 for Feb 27 2024.
Win11 21H2 for March 12 2024.

This will not be fixed for Win10 releases due to complexity of backport and regression risk.

Thank you so much for your help ! Really appreciated it !

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels