UNII3 on MR46 in UK

MAzad
Conversationalist

UNII3 on MR46 in UK

Hi 

I have a client who has a high-density office environment with a lot of users and a lot of APs.

They frequently face DFS events at the site due to which APs often switch to non-DFS channels.

This results in co-channel interference because of having multiple APs on same non-DFS channels e.g channel 40 or 44.

We are exploring the option of enabling UNII3 for them - they have MR46 running on MR30.6 release.

If we enable UNII3 range (considering they are in UK), will this allow them to use those channels too?

When i see this for one of my other clients who have many smaller offices, I see their APs never choosing a channel from UNII3 range although it is selected.

Thanks,

Mariam

2 Replies 2
mike425
Just browsing

I do not have a solution, but we have some larger offices in the UK with UNII3 enabled in the channel set and I have never seen them actually been used.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Same here, we have UNII3 enabled on a load of CW9166s with dual 5GHz radios at a large site and indeed they never seem to select the UNII3 channels unless manually changed to them.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels