Static IP on Client IP

AdrienDumontet
New here

Static IP on Client IP

Hello,
I need sometimes to install my wireless ap on different places that require a static ip adress to connect to the web, but I cannot change the  IP that is assigned at first manually on 10.128.128.128, The thing I need to change is the "Client IP" thats is actually for example 10.68.254.81 to an adress like 192.168.151.5. 
The only way I found for now is to use a utilitary that's called tftpd32 that simulate a dhcp server on a computer but that doesn't allways works.

My AP is a Meraki MR36 by the way

Could I get some help please ?

5 Replies 5
marce1000
Getting noticed

- In essence DHCP based  solutions are considered a must have standard for  wireless clients, get a robust DHCP server/service

M.

I know but I would like to do it in a different way that with DHCP because we cannot deploy DHCP on every site for some reasons.

>...because we cannot deploy DHCP on every site for some reasons.
 - In all honesty that is an outdated vision , and not applicable for modern business servicing , 

M.

I know but saying that doesn't help me right now to be honnest... 

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can configure a static IP address using the local status page.
https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Tools_and_Troubleshooting/Using_the_Cisco_Me... 

However if will be easier to use a temporary DHCP server (so the MR can connect to the Meraki cloud), and then change it to using a static IP address via the dashboard.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels