Splash Page-Cisco meeraki is auto allowing guest access before sponsored email response

IanErriah
Comes here often

Splash Page-Cisco meeraki is auto allowing guest access before sponsored email response

Hello,

Anyone came through this issue previously?

Cisco meraki is auto allowing guest access before sponsored email response.

The guest is allowed access within 7s, the mail does not even get time to be delivered to sponsored email.

Does anyone has info on this.?

4 Replies 4
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Is your Captive portal strength configured to Block all access until sign-on is complete or Allow non-HTTP traffic prior to sign-on?

alemabrahao_0-1711100897467.png

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Yes it is set on Block all access.

IanErriah_0-1711103329722.png

Check this discussion.

Solved: Re: Meraki Sponsored Guest Access - Auth not working (it lets everyone in w... - The Meraki ...

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I can't find a reference for this, but I believe the guest is given immediate access for 10 minutes, pending approval of their request.

This was intended to validate flows where the user's email address is validated - and the user needs an Internet  connection to get that email to click on the link to prove they are in control of that email.

The other possibility - have you got "Capitve Portal Strength" set to strict?

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/MR_Splash_Page/Enabling_Click-through_splash-page 

PhilipDAth_0-1711234184494.png

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels