Spam wireless traffic to an ethernet port

Solved
Rodrigo_Nascime
Conversationalist

Spam wireless traffic to an ethernet port

Hi membres.

First of all, sorry because my english is not so good , ok . 

Recently I was required to configure a traffic spam from an specific SSID ( all devices connected) to an specific ethernet port , but I am not able to find this option in the Dashboard , so I am sure if it is possible. 

Follow my devices informations

Switch - MS425-32  - Firmware 15.18

AP       - MR53         - Mr295

I appreciate any help.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution
Rodrigo_Nascime
Conversationalist

Hi Raphael

Thanks for you answer but unfortunately no, the problem here is because in my scenario the port that the AP is connected has other vlans (production and guests) I can not spam the production vlan because the traffic will be sent to a server which belongs to an external partner.

I need to spam only a guest vlan and in the spam settings page I am not able to spam only one vlan also. 😕

l also raised a ticket in the Meraki support but they just answer me that it is not possible.
So bad, because it would be simple with a 2960 old series switch. 

But no problem, thanks e best regards.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can configure a port mirroring : https://documentation.meraki.com/MS/Monitoring_and_Reporting/Packet_Captures_and_Port_Mirroring_on_t...

That way you could capture all trafic from a port ( ap port ) to a different destination port.  You could run wireshark on that destination port and capture all traffic. 

Not sure if that answers your question.

Rodrigo_Nascime
Conversationalist

Hi Raphael

Thanks for you answer but unfortunately no, the problem here is because in my scenario the port that the AP is connected has other vlans (production and guests) I can not spam the production vlan because the traffic will be sent to a server which belongs to an external partner.

I need to spam only a guest vlan and in the spam settings page I am not able to spam only one vlan also. 😕

l also raised a ticket in the Meraki support but they just answer me that it is not possible.
So bad, because it would be simple with a 2960 old series switch. 

But no problem, thanks e best regards.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels