Remove clients from my wireless

Solved
Berihun_Addis1
Here to help

Remove clients from my wireless

In Meraki Devices I want to Remove all connected clients from my network and i want to forget the client my security key? Is that possible ?

1 Accepted Solution

So there is nothing to do other than the suggestions, any change to the Template will affect all networks in the template.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I believe you don't need to remove it, if it is a PSK SSID, when changing the password they will no longer be able to connect.

If I misunderstood, please provide more details.
I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Thanks for the response! I have different office with the same template-Dash Board ,but separate Network.Like Network-1,Network,Network-3 ...etc....the SSID Name is also the same.

I afraid that if I change SSID Password for Network-1 may change the whole office network. Hence,more unknown clients are connected into my Network-1 so I would remove all clients to forget the SSID Key with out change if possible

You cannot force a client to forget the password, your only option is to change the password on the SSID itself.

The best option you have in this case would be to have an SSID with iPSK without radius.

You can read more about it here. Otherwise, this is the only option (change the password) or block customers manually on the dashboard, because once customers have their password saved you cannot force them to forget their password.

Berihun_Addis1
Here to help

Do you believe that if I change SSID password from different out off Network -1 from the same network  organizations or Template ? 

If the network is not in a template, any changes will not affect the other networks.

The network is in the same configurations Template but different Network

So there is nothing to do other than the suggestions, any change to the Template will affect all networks in the template.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels