Non-Meraki AP

Solved
shadoomere
Here to help

Non-Meraki AP

hello Team, I wanna Connect the Non-Meraki AP to the Meraki switch. knowing that I have three SSIDs configured. 

However, I don't want the end users that connect to the non-Meraki AP to use the same SSIDs of our domain network. I want the AP to assign IP ( DHCP ) to end users separate from the Meraki network that I have. and the traffic should pass through the AP to the switch through also our MX firewall. would that be hard to implement or easy? 

Thank you 

1 Accepted Solution
UKDanJones
Building a reputation

Easy to implement - Just use a different SSID & PSK and then create a new VLAN for that WLAN on the MX - point that SSID to that VLAN and you're done. (assuming you can do that on your non-meraki AP)

Please feel free to hit that kudos button

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It will be easy if the other AP uses different SSIDs than your Meraki APs. Just use another VLAN that is terminated on the MX. But using only Meraki AP in one environment will make things much better.

UKDanJones
Building a reputation

Easy to implement - Just use a different SSID & PSK and then create a new VLAN for that WLAN on the MX - point that SSID to that VLAN and you're done. (assuming you can do that on your non-meraki AP)

shadoomere
Here to help

Dears @UKDanJones  @KarstenI  Thanks a lot for your response. for that case, I get it now. but what about another scenario, for example on the non-Meraki AP to disable DHCP and let my network DHCP assign IP for those end users connected to the non-M AP ? is that will be possible? some configuration needed or no need since the AP will receive IP through connecting to my switch and end users will receive IP as well. ? 

It's all a question of whether your non-Meraki AP supports bridge mode. I see it more as a matter of knowing the specifications of your non-Meraki AP than anything in Meraki itself, the Switch is just the means that will provide connectivity.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
UKDanJones
Building a reputation

This… as long as your switch can drop the user on a particular VLAN you should be fine. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels