Native VLAN by AP

Justfixit
Here to help

Native VLAN by AP

Multiple Bldgs/VLANS. Is it possible to have common SSID/Password between them and assign default VLAN to either through AP or group policy (not SSID)? Or do we need to have 2 unique SSID for both? There is no overlapping APs between 2 buildings.

For example.
BLDG1, VLAN1, SSID Prism
BLDG2, VLAN2, SSID Prism

5 Replies 5
Purroy
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Pablo. I tried to implement but when changing between tagged APs, it would not pull DHCP even though isolation and LAN/WLAN isolation was off.  I see that this was an issue others had.  Ideas?

For this to work, you need to configure the Switch Port on which the AP is located as a trunk.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

alemabrahao_0-1708001776098.png

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

There are two options.

If all the APs are in a single network you can tag the APs, and then assign a VLAN based on tag.  You can see it in the SSID settings.

PhilipDAth_0-1708027452945.png

The other option is to put each building into a separate network so you have separate SSID settings.  If the buildings do not share a common layer 2 infrastructure (so they are all separate routed domains) then this makes this option a stronger choice.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels