Multiple Guest Networks with Meraki Cloud Authentication

BjornL
Comes here often

Multiple Guest Networks with Meraki Cloud Authentication

I have a simple guest network that uses Meraki Cloud Authentication, allows users to create accounts, and automatically authorizes new accounts.

BjornL_0-1601306252290.png

This works great for new users. However, I also have a second SSID (on a different VLAN) that requires authorization from an Administrator.

BjornL_1-1601306976147.png

Any user that is created and authorized for the second SSID can't later access the Guest SSID automatically. The user email already exists, so they cant create a new account, and the existing account is not authorized for the Guest network. The only work around I have found is to manually add all new users twice, to both SSIDs, or for the user to use a second email address to access the guest network.

Is there any way to allow existing user accounts to automatically be authorized to a Guest SSID that has the auto authorizes new accounts setting enabled? 

2 Replies 2
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You could get users to always connect to the first SSID which will create their account and then manually authorise those for the second that need it.

Most of the time accounts will be added beforehand (basically consultants given access to internal systems for computers, but phones etc. should be on the normal guest network). We have the same problem with administrators, although that is easy to handler manually. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels