Meraki Sponsored Guest message after clicking email: "[Guest name] has already been approved"

Solved
Henk1961
Here to help

Meraki Sponsored Guest message after clicking email: "[Guest name] has already been approved"

Greetings,

We are currently utilizing Meraki Sponsored Guest for our Wifi Guest access.
However, we’ve encountered an issue where the sponsored domain user, upon receiving the email and clicking the link, is redirected to a Meraki page that consistently indicates that the Guest user has already been approved.

This issue began to occur following the implementation of Microsoft Defender for Exchange online. It appears that the link is being analyzed, which in turn prompts Meraki to assume that the Guest has already been approved, even though the user had not accessed the link prior to this. The original link in the emails has been replaced by a safelink.

We are considering whether we need to exclude certain URLs from safelink. If this is necessary, could you advise which URL or Domain should be excluded from safelink? Additionally, could you inform us if there are any potential risks associated with this action?

1 Accepted Solution
Henk1961
Here to help

Greetings,

We opened a case at Cisco Meraki and they came up with this solution in our case.

================= 8< ====================

Yes services like Microsoft Defender would certainly cause this issue as these services are accessing the link to scan/verify legitimacy of said URL.

Please whitelist network-auth.com in your safelink URL filtering.

============= >8 ========================

Hope this solution will help you in case you experience the same issue.

Regards,

Henk

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I would recommend you open a support case. They will assist you better.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I have had this exact issue with other systems.

For example, getting unsubscribed from an email by having the unsubscribed link scanned.

Henk1961
Here to help

Greetings,

We opened a case at Cisco Meraki and they came up with this solution in our case.

================= 8< ====================

Yes services like Microsoft Defender would certainly cause this issue as these services are accessing the link to scan/verify legitimacy of said URL.

Please whitelist network-auth.com in your safelink URL filtering.

============= >8 ========================

Hope this solution will help you in case you experience the same issue.

Regards,

Henk

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels