Meraki AP can't communicate with Wireless Concetrator

DincTuna
Comes here often

Meraki AP can't communicate with Wireless Concetrator

Hello everyone,

I have tested 2 APs MR30H and MR42 at my home connecting them to my modem and i tested the connectivity of APs and all of them were online and working.

I have delievered these AP to my colleagues. They have connected these 2 AP to a router provided by a server provider and i can see them up and running on Cisco Meraki cloud. However, when i want to test connectivity to my Wireless Concetrator, it's not working. I have seen many blocks on our firewall. I had to make access lists from Outside interface to Inside interface. I would like to ask how come it is working at my home, but not working somewhere else so i have to make firewall rules to make these 2 AP to communicate with Wireless Concetrator?

I will appriciate all answers.

1 Reply 1
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

AutoVPN relies on the edge routers doing VPN friendly NAT, and perhaps one of the edge routers in this case is not providing that capability.

Sometimes if you are really unlucky you need to configure manual port forwarding for AutoVPN.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX-Z/Site-to-site_VPN/Site-to-site_VPN_Settings#NAT_Traversal

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels