MR74 antenna configuration

Ron-Sungard
Conversationalist

MR74 antenna configuration

I have two MR74 AP's configured with MA-ANT-3-A5 antenna and I'm receiving the following warning:

"We have noticed that one or more MR74 APs in your network do not have their antenna information configured. Antennas must be configured for both bands to ensure regulatory compliance..."

As far as I can see the antenna are configured for both AP's so I haven't a clue what the message means. The links provided in the message have no useful information either.

Does anyone know what this message means, or what I need to do to make it go away?

RonReid
3 Replies 3
GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

MR74 is not compatible with ANT-3-A5 since that is a RP-TNC antenna and an N-type AP.
Either your AP is different or your antenna is different.

By default Meraki assigns the antenna with the highest gain compatible with your AP.  This means your maximum Tx power will be smaller due to the regulatory restrictions.

You will also notice when you want to change the AP antenna it will say default:MA-ANT-27 for outdoor AP's or Default: MA-ANT-3-F for indoor.  You should change the AP to the correct antenna.  And if your antenna is the actual one then just change it to another and save it and change it back.

Apologies for the late reply. The configured antenna is a Dual-Band Omni (MA-ANT-20), not MA-ANT-3-A5 as stated (my mistake). The antenna however has not yet been installed because COVID19 has prevented technical staff from attending site. Is installation a requirement for the message to go away?

RonReid

AFAIK the MR74 does not have auto detection of the antennas.

So if you already have configured MA-ANT-20 on BOTH BANDS!! then you should not even have received the warning.

The default on outdoor AP's is MA-ANT-27 which has the highest gain causing the AP not to go past a certain TXpower.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels